Giving

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Getting very, very attatched....

Every day here is so busy and eventful! My normal day usually consists of helping with school in the mornings, and then teaching music throughout the day until after 5. A few days a week I help with the older kids Bible classes, although ¨helping¨ is a generous term, considering I allow my spanish speaking parter, Anthony, to do most of the actual lessons and communicating. Most of the evening is taken up with various activities with various children, so my days are very full, but I love every minute of it.
Yesterday I was on baby duty for our newborn, little Guatalupe. I am in no way, shape or form describable as a worried or easily scared person, but being responsible for this little one absolutely terrified me! Paranoia was my constant companion. Everytime she twitched or frowned I thought I had somehow done something horrible to her. She is so fragile! Eventually I was able to somewhat relax and we took a nap together. That child is ridiculously and stunninly beautiful.
There is always something to be doing with the children. A lot of them love to hear me play guitar and sing to them, which has quickly become one of favorite things to do. My other favorite is the soccer games that frequently take place outside. At least a few times a week the boys get a game together, and at ten years old they are already as good as I am! For the girls I brought jewelery making stuff with me from the states and they all really enjoy doing that with me.
I have only been a part of these kids´lives for about a week, and already leaving them seems unfathomable. Is it wrong for me to love them so incredibly much when I cannot be a permanent part of their lives? They have such a need for love and I have so much to give to them. How can I give my love to them in a way that won´t end up hurting them? I have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment